Yeah, it’s been a while since I posted (thank you Austen for reminding me!). But I do have an excuse: homework! Haha, can’t argue with that one. I know I did say that I would try to post more frequently, so here’s a little wrap-up of what’s new in my life an online that’s worth noting:
- Saw David Mamet’s Speed-the-Plow with Jeremy Piven (the force behind Entourage’s larger-than-life Ari Gold), Raul Esparza (from the TV show Pushing Daisies and the recent revival of Stephen Sondheim’s Company), and Elisabeth Moss (who phenomenally plays Mad Men’s ambitious secretary, Peggy Olson). Moss was very good considering her co-stars are more experienced stage performers than her, and this show should really help her career. Piven was, as expected, very good, but was actually outshined by Esparza, whose better skills in conveying emotion and passion on the stage was able to outdue even the wild craziness that is Ari Gold. Overall, a must see.
- I’m still loving my new MacBook Pro, even though the glossy screen can be really annoying at times.
- Sarah Palin gets pranked called! Yep, that’s right, a French comedic duo, The Masked Avengers, from Montreal radio station CKOI, called Palin, pretending to be French president Nicolas Sarkozy. The audio’s right here (courtesy of The Huffington Post), and a transcript of the call is on Daily Kos.
- Catching up on Life on Mars, which is actually a really good show. Harvey Keitel, Michael Imperioli (a.k.a. Christopher from The Sopranos), and Jason O’Mara are all great. Just a few more episodes and I’ll be ready to watch it live.
- Just two more days until Election Day!
Well, that’s about all that’s important in my life for now. And keep reading the blog, as I will try and post more frequently. Stay tuned for a possible (read: possible) Election Night post!